Other activities to do during the Kainuu Orienteering Week 28 June - 3 July 2020
Suomussalmi and Kainuu in overall offer plenty of other activities during summer days for the days off. The nearby areas of Suomussalmi are full of amazing nature destinations, with possibilities to do hiking, trekking, mountain biking, canoeing and fishing.
From Kainuu activity calendar you can find all the things happening in Suomussalmi other places of Kainuu region.
Wild Taigan website has also additional information about Suomussalmi and summertime activities.
You can search for trekking and hiking routes from Kainuu outdoor activity map
We are planning sprint orienteering in the centre of Suomussalmi and orienteering training possibilities around Kainuu for the days off.
OTHER ACTIVITIES TO DO DURING THE WHOLE WEEK
Other events in Suomussalmi:
Restaurant and cafes in Suomussalmi:
- Kahvi- ja ruokaravintola Kultainen kukko
- Guest house Karelia
- Lounaskavila-konditoria Herkkusuu
- Kahvila-Ravintola Seurahuone
- Tilausravintola Vanha Kurimo
- Hiljaisen Kansan niittykahvila
- There are plenty of offering for self-acting people from around Kainuu.
- Suomussalmi's most significant nature attractions Hossa National Park, Martinselkonen nature reserve, Yli-Vuokki recreation ground and Murhisalo.
- Other places to visit in the Kainuu: Akkovaaran ja Kivesvaaran, Natianal Parks t Hiidenportti ja Tiilikkajärvi. Vuokatinvaarat is probably familiar to many, but delight again and.
These and many other interesting things can be found at the day-to-day distance from Suomussalmi.
Additionally information ia. www.luontoon.fi, www.koutavuores.net/retkipolut tai www.infogis.fi/kainuu/
- Self-employed training maps and completed exercises (will be published later in the spring on the Kainuu orienteering week website)
- 29.6. Open sprint orienteering event in Event Centre
- 1.7. Kainuu Orienteering Week dancing at Ämmänsaari Worker's House at 8 pm - 00 pm (ticket sale from 7:30 pm). Tango Queen Heidi Pakarinen and her orchestra perform. Tickets 16 €. The house's café-restaurant is open during dances. The restaurant serves coffee, tea, salty and sweet food, refresments, alcoholic drinks and more.