Other activities to do during the Kainuu Orienteering Week 1.-6.7.2018
Kajaani, Vuokatti/Sotkamo and Kainuu in overall offer plenty of other activities during summer days for the days off. The nearby areas of Kajaani are full of amazing nature destinations, with possibilities to do hiking, trekking, mountain biking, canoeing and fishing.
From Kainuu activity calendar you can find all the things happening in Kajaani other places of Kainuu region.
Wild Taigan website has also additional information about Kajaani and summertime activities.
You can search for trekking and hiking routes from Kainuu outdoor activity map
We are planning sprint orienteering in the centre of Kajaani and orienteering training possibilities around Kainuu for the days off.
OTHER ACTIVITIES TO DO DURING THE WHOLE WEEK
Possibilities in Kajaani:
- A versatile and completely new Water sport center Kaukavesi
- Completely new bowling alley
- 4 different frisbeegolftrack
- Paltaniemi and Kesäniemi Beaches and others
- Traffic park (for children under 10 years of age)
- The new Skatepark of the Kajaanihalli
- Explore other Kajaani activities and leisure activities here.
Things to do in Vuokatti (only 20 min from the competition center and 35 min from Kajaani):
- Vuokatin Urheiluopisto (ski track, roller skates, frisbee golf, indoor and outdoor games)
- Downhill racing
- Superpark Vuokatti
- Vuokatin Seikkailupuisto
- Bowling alley
- Katinkulta (Spa, Golf etc.)
- There are plenty of offering for self-acting people from around Kainuu. Either you know Akkovaara and Kivesvaara? What about the the National parks Hossa, Hiidenporti ja Tiilikkajärvi? Vuokatinvaarat the will probably be familiar to many, but they will delight over and over again.
These and many other interesting things can be found at the day-to-day distance from Kajaani.
Additionally information ia. www.luontoon.fi, www.koutavuores.net/retkipolut tai www.infogis.fi/kainuu/
Those who want to go orienteering:
- Coming to sprint orienteering in Kajaani city center
- Rest day orienteering (place and time will be announced later)
- Self-employed training maps and completed exercises (will be publisher later in the spring on the Orienteeringweek website)